Kim Ronzoni's Kitchen
Banana Cinnamon Waffles
Golden, crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. The natural sweetness of the ripe bananas goes well with the spiciness of the Saigon cinnamon.
- 2 c. unbleached flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 heaped tsp. cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 ½ c. milk
- ¼ c. grape seed oil
- 1 c. (approx. 3 med.) very ripe bananas, mashed well
MAKES 6 WAFFLES
- Preheat the waffle maker. (I use the Waring Pro, Restaurant Style, Thick Belgian which comes with a measuring cup for the batter.)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl, and proceed to make a well in the mixture.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine milk, oil, and mashed bananas.
- Beat the egg yolks for approx. 1 minute, then add to the wet mixture.
- Fold the liquid mixture gently into the dry ingredients, just until mixed.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until white and frothy, then add to the mixture. This final step creates fluffier waffles.
- Measure the batter carefully so as not to overflow. Spread the batter with a spatula to make sure all of the grid marks are covered. Cook until timer sets off or desired colour is reached.