8 Spice Chicken Wings
Baking wings is an easier and healthier alternative to deep frying. You can achieve a lovely crispy skin without the extra fat. These wings have a nice flavour combination with just the right amount of heat. They can be eaten on their own, or with a squeeze of lime and your favourite dip, and with a side of fresh veggies.
Grape seed oil is a good source of essential fatty acids and vitamin E, along with strong antioxidant compounds.
Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. Curcumin, which is the main ingredient in turmeric, is a powerful anti-inflammatory with powerful antioxidant properties. Combining turmeric with black pepper helps in its absorption into the body.
- 20 large uncut chicken wings
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp 8 Spice Rub*
- assorted fresh vegetables lime and dip of your choice (optional)
*8 SPICE RUB INGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp curry
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp black pepper
(SERVES 4 PEOPLE)
Mix all the spices together and store in a glass jar for future uses. Works well on other meats, fish, and potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Thoroughly dry wings before use
- In a large bowl, toss wings in grape seed oil
- Add spice mix and toss well to coat evenly
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out wings leaving space between
- Bake wings 40 – 50 minutes depending on the size of the wings.
- Flip after 20 minutes in the oven for even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and garnish. Serve.