Greek Feta Burgers
This delicious Greek inspired burger combines the freshness of mint and parsley, along with the saltiness of feta, and the juiciness of lean seasoned ground beef with onion, garlic and perfect blend of spice.
Served alongside a fresh tomato, lettuce leaf, red onion and cucumber, makes for a great gluten-free alternative. Or, serve on a bun with Tzatziki.
Mint contains essential oils that can soothe and aid in digestion. Parsley contains amazing high levels of vitamin C and K. Choosing lean and lower fat beef provides you with nutritional benefits, vitamins and minerals, while avoiding much of the saturated fat. Garlic contains numerous health-promoting phtyo-nutrient substances proven to aid against coronary artery disease, infections and cancer. Onions are very good source of vitamin C, B6, biotin, chromium, calcium, dietary fibre and contain good amounts of folic acid and vitamin B1 and K.
- 3 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 large fresh garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 medium white onion, grated
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely minced
- 1 package (4 tbsp) Marvini fresh mint leaves, finely minced
- 2½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 200g Krino Authentic Greek Feta, 16 pieces thinly sliced
- Combine all the ingredients together, except the feta cheese. Mix together well.
- Divide the meat mix into eight equal size balls. Refrigerate one half hour. Subdivide each ball in half and form two thin patties.
- Placed two pieces of feta cheese on top of one patty. Please the other patty on top and seal the edges together to form a nice round patty.
- Cook in greased cast iron frying pan (or BBQ) until meat patty reaches an internal temperature of 160°F using an instant read thermometer. (approx. 10 minutes on medium-high, flipping burgers once)