Lemon Mint Fusion
The best of both worlds- a medley of tea and lemonade, caffeine-free and naturally sweetened with a touch of honey. Maple syrup may also be used as a natural sweetener alternative to sugar. Lemons provide a great source of Vitamin C, Potassium and help in balancing your body’s PH. Mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food! Honey has natural, antibacterial properties which help the immune system. Try to find unpasteurized honey, my favourite is Manuka honey from the Manuka plant, also known as Tea Tree.This beverage can be enjoyed both cold or warm by omitting the ice and warming to the desired temperature.
- 4 c. Fresh water
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint (extra for garnish)
- ¼ c. Honey
- ¼ c. Fresh lemon juice
- Place water in a medium size pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add mint sprigs, cover and allow to steep for 30 min.
- Use a sieve to strain the mint from the tea and discard the mint. Allow to come to room temperature. Use a small funnel and add the honey and lemon juice to a decorative glass bottle with a cap. Add the minted tea to the bottle, seal and shake well.
- Fill a glass with ice and add Lemon-Mint Fusion, garnish with fresh mint leaves and/or lemon slices.
* Can be served cold, or warmed up as a soothing tea.