Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Fresh Ontario Asparagus is just around the corner! What better way to celebrate spring than to enjoy this healthy and tasty flowering perennial. Asparagus is high in Vitamin K, B Vitamins and Folate. It is also anti-inflammatory containing Vitamin C, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin E, Zinc, Manganese and Selenium. It works as a detoxifier that may protect against certain cancers. Low in calories and sodium. May be eaten raw or cooked.
- 2 bunches (approx. 60 spears) of fresh asparagus, trimmed 1 inch
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ c. grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 fresh Meyer lemon (both the peel and juice) as garnish
(SERVES 6-8 PEOPLE)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place Asparagus loosely in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast In oven for 15-20 min. until tender.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Parmesan and grated lemon peel, return to oven for 5 min.
- Arrange spears on a large platter and garnish with lemon juice just before serving.