Perugina Fragole Al Cioccolato
With strawberry season in full swing, what better way to celebrate Father’s Day than with some decadent Perugina chocolate covered strawberries. An exquisite blend of Italy’s finest dark and milk Perugina chocolate with a hint of spice and honey. You’ll be the strawberry of Dad’s eye with this lovely treat!
- 2x 99g bar Perugina Dark Chocolate, finely shaved
- 1x 99g bar Perugina Milk Chocolate, finely shaved
- ½ c. whipping cream
- ¼ c. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- Fresh local strawberries or fruit of your choice (gently rinsed prior to use, allow to dry on a clean cloth and ensure strawberries are completely dry prior to dipping in chocolate)
(MAKES 1 ½ CUP)
- Finely shave chocolate bars with a sharp knife.
- Make a double boiler on the stove using a medium size pot and fill with about ¼ water. Allow water to come to a gentle boil.
- Find a medium size bowl that fits well on top of your pot of boiling water. Add chocolate to the bowl, place bowl on top of pot, careful not to get any water in the chocolate otherwise the chocolate mixture may seize.
- In a small pot on the stove, bring the cream to a gentle boil. Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the heated cream and butter to the chocolate bowl.
- Add the honey and cayenne pepper to the chocolate bowl.
- Continue stirring the chocolate mixture until completely melted and glossy.
- Dip the dry strawberries in the warm chocolate mixture and set on a platter. Place platter in the refrigerator until chocolate is set. Or, eat immediately, why wait?!